1. It’s family game night and you yell, “Let’s play Earthopoly!” and your kid responds, “Do only lesbian families play that game?”
2. Your child discusses Susie Derkins’ gender expression in Calvin and Hobbes.
3. Your kid says, “Only a lesbian cat would love breasts that much!”
4. Your kid can list every out musician and actor/actress.
5. Your kid can list every state in which same-sex marriage is legal.
6. Your kid spontaneously changes the words to Pete Seeger’s song, “If You Miss Me at the Back of the Bus” to “If you miss me on the lesbian bus and you can’t find me nowhere…”
7. Your kid has a story that starts with, “Remember that time at Pride…” and ends with condoms.
8. Your kids knew how babies were made long before their classmates.
9. Your kid is familiar with the phrase “alternative lifestyle haircut“.
10. If the following conversation happens at your breakfast table:
Kid 1 (waving hands around): I have a habit of doing this.
Kid 2: Why?
Kid 1: I don’t know…jazz hands I guess.